“Taho! tahoooooooooooooo!” Everyday, I would hear Manong yelling his throat out in the street calling for his early clients. And everyday I would just take him for granted. It has been ages since my taste buds sipped taho. Last October, the event organized by Reliv Phils and Soylabs made me realize the importance of soy-based foods, taho in particular.
Price: Php 5 – P10 / cup
- Processed fresh silken tofu
- Caramelized brown sugar (arnibal)
- Sago pearls
- Weight loss
- Prevents cardio-vascular diseases
- Lowers cholesterol level
- Improves metabolism
- Vitamin B4 – cell metabolism/aids in the formation of DNA and RNA
- Folic Acid – good for pregnant women
- Riboflavin -
- Thiamin/Vitamin B1 – aids in converting carbs into energy
Researches for soy-riched foods like taho have been very successful since the 90’s. Experts from America headed by a Filipino were the ones who did the test.